Sunday, May 07, 2006

Why So Silent?

There are times in a man's (and yes, a woman's too) life when very public musings are abandoned for very private introspections, and this time is one such in my own life. I hope the adherent to this blog is not disappointed by the lack of activity on this brimming bazaar of cyberspace - rest assured, my rants will continue with ever more fervor when this phase passes.

In the meanwhile, I thought I'd share a list of books I'm currently reading (some of which are listed on the panel on the right under 'Recent Book List', others which aren't), as well as list a 'wishlist' of books I intend to read. If you wonder how it is that a person could possibly read multiple books at the same time, it springs from my association of books with friends. Sometimes you desire a chirpy companion, at others your heart is warmed by a passionate friend, while there are moments when your mind is sent on an exploration by the philosophies of some.

I invite you all to suggest books that you have found interesting or personally enriching, by using the comment feature of this blog.

Current Reading List
  • American Vertigo: Traveling America in the Footsteps of Tocqueville - Bernard-Henri Levy
  • Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution - John Ferling
  • Downsize This! Random Threats from an Unarmed American - Michael Moore
  • Empire of Debt: The Rise of an Epic Financial Crisis - William Bonner, Addison Wiggin

    Wish List
  • Democracy in America Alexis de Tocqueville
  • Hunger of Memory: The Education of Richard Rodriguez (want to read a second time!)
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day David Sedaris
  • No comments: