Monday, November 06, 2006

Stupid in Kerryland

My brother e-mailed me recently to question why I hadn't blogged about the botched Kerry joke about troops in Iraq, and more specifically, the Republican attack on what was obviously a botched joke. Well, quite frankly, because I don't expect anything else. Neither side can afford to pass on any opportunity at this stage in the game, and will use any weapon it can to try to eke an edge out.

Frankly, I'm at a stage in the campaign where I'm mostly filled with disgust! You'd think I'd be used to having to endure attack ads rather than a discussion of the issues, but I'm weakhearted enough to keep expecting politics to be about the issues that matter to the people.

So who will I be rooting for tomorrow? Well, this will shock the frequent readers to my blog, but I don't know. Part of me would like to see the Republicans pay for their arrogance, but that would imply the Democrats would win, and I don't know which Democratic party would take control of the House or Senate. If it is the wing that is pro-business, for fiscal discipline and in favor of tax cuts - the constituency Harold Ford seems to be shooting for - I say yay! But if it is the left-leaning tax-the-rich business-is-bad liberals like Nancy Pelosi, then we have something to be gloomy about.

No comments: