Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Customer Nonservice

That's it - I'm officially sick and tired about the nincompoops who work at customer nonservice centers. My latest run-in was with a nitwit at Capital One. I applied for a credit card that promised me 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers, but when I activated, I was told I was getting 0% on purchases only. I tried to explain to the genius that that's not my offer stated, that I had my offer right in front of me, and yet he kept parroted like a broken record that the APR was for purchases only, and that I must be looking at the wrong offer (even after I pointed out that I had notated the offer for my records). After a tiring exchange that had me feel like I was talking to a wall, I asked for his supervisor, only to be put on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up and hung up!

What the hell is wrong with companies these days? Why do they think they can treat us like worthless pieces of crap, and that we will put up with it. I for one would never use Capital One, unless my letter to the complaints department yields an apology and more. Shame on you, Capital One, for forgetting that old adage in business - customer is king!

No comments: