Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Firefox Add-On of the Day

If you're like me, you surf the web a fair bit. Some are reputed sites, some not so much. Some sites install spyware software, others (especially a lot of Indian sites, for example) just have plain annoying adware to get around pop-up blockers. Say goodbye to all your problems with the Firefox add-on of the day ... one of my favorite add-ons and enough of a reason to switch to Firefox if you still are on that dino called Internet Explorer ... drumroll ....

NoScript

NoScript disables all scripting until you specify that the provider is a truster provider (similar to your pop-up blocker) What is nice is that most sites keep their servers clean and any ad- and spyware is run from different servers, so I can (if I need to) allow the main server while continuing to forbid other servers.

In this day and age, I think security trumps most other considerations and NoScript goes a long way to making the Internet a much safer place. Find out more at the NoScript homepage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your posts. Thanks for taking the time to wirte them.