Tuesday, December 06, 2005

McD Gift Card

I saw these ads for the new McDonalds Gift Cards. Ah, what better way to say I HATE YOU that to gift them the gift that keeps clogging ... your arteries, that is. I'm not much of a gift person (so far, I've only once got my brother and folks gifts for their birthdays!), but allow me to offer some alternatives to a Mickey D card:

1. One-month membership to a gym, or sessions at a yoga studio.
2. A mountain bike, or gift card to a fitness store
3. A book (yes, enriching your mind is a form of fitness) - no gift card here: take the trouble to find something worthwhile - my vote is for 'Tuesdays with Morrie'.
4. Savings bond, especially if it's for a kid
5. Make your own based on what the person needs.

Anything that contributes to mind, body and soul is a winner. On the other hand, if you are on the person's will, you may want to present the Golden Arches Card after all!

No comments: